Excerpted from the project: If This House Could Talk (author: Catherine B. Hoffman)
The original owner was John F. Dyer, whose business was shipping.
Since then it’s been: A Home for Little Wanderers, a Jesuit Home, and since 1978 a 5-family home to households of peace and justice activists giving birth to the Feminist Anti-Censorship Task Force (FACT), the Foster Equality Campaign, Millions for Martin, world travelers and Cambridge youth needing a second home.
The house was built in 1851 in Italianate style with a hexagonal cupola and carriage house next door. It was remodeled in 1889 with a Queen Anne porch, corner turret, round window and bay. Modern additions, like the large shed dormers were added in the mid 1960s and 1970s.
Add list of links