Found in Translation’s dual mission is (1) to help homeless and low-income multilingual women to achieve economic security through the use of their language skills and (2) to reduce ethnic, racial, and linguistic disparities in health care by unleashing bilingual talent into the workforce.
Found in Translation provides free:
– Medical Interpreter Certificate training
– Job placements
– Ongoing professional development
Found-in-Translation’s free program includes common-sense supports such as on-site childcare, transportation assistance, mentoring, career coaching, financial literacy education, job search assistance, job placement, and more.
Interpreters and translators have a median annual wage of $45,430 nationally and $58,990 in MA. Found in Translation graduates typically get hired at $20-$30/hour entry-level. As interpreters, they reduce racial, ethnic, and linguistic disparities in health care, save lives, and cut costs by giving health care access to patients who are not proficient in English.
Found in Translation’s work would not be possible without the help of many dedicated volunteers!
- Play Group Leader Entertain the kids while their moms work toward a new career
- Guest Speaker Give a presentation on a job skills or financial literacy topic
- Mentor Meet weekly with program participants in small groups, providing support and guidance as they reach for new professional and economic heights
Email email@example.com to find out more and apply.
More information about Found in Translation can be found at http://www.found-in-translation.org
Found in Translation’s office is located in Central Square, Cambridge at
649 Massachusetts Ave, Central Works , Suite 6, Cambridge, MA 02139