The Community Learning Center provides free services to Cambridge residents. We serve adults who need basic education, English language and employment skills. CLC staff also create curriculum and work with adult education teachers from other agencies and with other community groups.
The Community Learning Center gives adults a chance to:
- learn English as a Second Language (ESOL)
- improve their basic reading, writing, or math skills
- prepare for the GED examinations
- prepare for college or a training program
- prepare for the U.S. Citizenship Test
- learn how to use a computer
The Community Learning Center serves over 1,000 people annually. Classes are run year-round, morning, afternoon, and evening.
Volunteers are needed as tutors and classroom aides with adult ESOL students (English for Speakers of Other Languages) or ABE students (Adult Basic Education – reading, writing and math for native English speakers). Volunteering is done through Friends of the Community Learning Center.
For more information on volunteer opportunities contact Whit Hendon: firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-349-6366.