The goal of the Center for Families is to provide fun and educational activities and resources for parents and families with young children. The primary program components are:
- Parent and child activities such as playgroups
- Community-building activities and events to bring families together
- Parent support groups and parenting education workshops
- Information and assistance in finding resources for all family members
- Outreach to share information and resources with families in the community
The Center for Families is a family support program that serves families of children ages 0 to 8 in Cambridge. The program receives support and oversight from the citywide Cambridge 0-8 Council composed of parents, caregivers and service providers.
The Center for Families, begun in 1994 as an initiative of the Kids’ Council, is a part of the Department of Human Services Childcare and Family Support Services Division. The Center for Families program receives funds from city, state and federal sources for the extension of family support activities to all parts of Cambridge. Many activities and services are offered through collaborations with community-based organizations
How To Volunteer
Click here to learn more about volunteer opportunities at Center for Families.
Photo: The Gately Youth Center mural