The Cambridge Historical Society maintains property entrusted to it and collects, preserves and interprets items of historical and antiquarian significance.
The Society encourages research and involvement in these efforts by its members and the community at large. In so doing, it promotes a better understanding of history as an important factor in the everyday affairs of the City and its residents.
How you can help:
As a non-profit organization, we depend on volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, we may have opportunities:
- We could use someone to do research on possible grants and put together a packet of grants possibilities with requirements, deadlines, and an explanation of the objectives of the grant.
- We need people to help digitizing The Proceedings a publication of the Historical Society from 1906 through the 1990s.
- Organizing digital photo data
- Promoting the museum to tourist sites (hotels, info booths, on-line listings)
- We have a number of other projects that we would be happy to speak with you about if you email us and explain what you’re interested in.
If you would like to hear more, or speak with someone about our volunteer possibilities, please contact us at: email@example.com